Friday, January 6, 2012

A New Year

It's a new year and a time to again resolve to be more diligent about writing my blog.
I have spent some time re-reading my notes on blogging and pondering just what my blog is about.  I chose the title for my blog "In the Moment" to write about not just my painting, but about what I am doing, thinking, making, and discovering at any given moment.  I have spent most of my life planning the next day, the next week, the next month, but as I get older, I want more and more to just be in the moment.....to appreciate the here and now. 
Mostly my blog will be about painting, my passion.  But, I also love to knit, crochet, bake, work in collage and mixed media, and try lots of new things.  I have a new grandson who is occupying a large portion of my heart right now......so my blog can be about all of those things.
My newest project which turned out a little funky is felted flowers that you see pictured in the post.  I love the colors and curly petals, but they didn't turn out exactly as I had expected.  The movement of the petals is simillar to the movement that I capture in my paintings, so I think they relate.  I am going to work on them a little more and make pins for my artsy friends.  I hope they like them.  Check out the patttern for Lion Brand Wool

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are reading my blog. Please leave me a message.