Friday, May 14, 2010

new painting, new goals


Looks like its time for some new goals. I attended a workshop last week lead by gallery owner, Jason Horejs. He owns the Xanadu Gallery in Scottsdale, AZ. The workshop was about successful marketing of your art....how to approach a gallery, how to create a good portfolio, how to price your art, and generally how to be a successful artist. The word "successful" could have lots of meanings, but I think he was speaking mostly in monetary terms. And of course, we artists create to share our work with others and to do that we need to sell our work. (Or give it away.)
Back to my goals.....create more art and be less distracted, which means that I need to spend more time in the studio, preferably a set time each day. I hope to have 25-30 quality works of art in inventory by the end of the year. I will have a new, well designed portfolio and a gallery representation outside of my local gallery. If I write it, it will happen! (I sound much more confident than I am.)
I have include my new painting which is part of the "Following Her Passion" Exhibition at The Artists Gallery. A beautiful exhibition by eleven passionate women artists.

3 comments:

  1. Kudos, Kay on your beautiful painting but also onyour resolve to set new goals! You are an inspiration in creating time for yourself to work every day as it makes all the difference in getting to where you want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol. I have been retired for three years and it is time to get myself in gear and hopefully make and accomplish some of those goals. Life does get in the way.....thought I would have so much time once I retired, but I find that time is elusive....just slipping away and I don't know where it is going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good and useful thoughts for all of us to ponder... frequently! And a great connector to your blog title.

    It will be so excellent to 'watch your portfolio grow'...
    now that you've set your
    clearly defined goal(s).

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are reading my blog. Please leave me a message.