Saturday, September 15, 2012

"Expressing thoughts and dreams......"

While visiting the New Britain Museum of American Art in New Britain, CT, I came across this quote:
"Painting is an endless effort of putting paint on a canvas with a miserable little brush....and endeavoring to make it express thoughts and dreams that will perhaps reach out and say something to someone...something that will make wandering souls stop and look.....perhaps awaken something in them that makes them think of beautiful things."  Willard Leroy Metcalf
I like what Metcalf has to say about painting and his painting entitled Mountain Laurel, pictured here and dated 1905, was beautiful and did make me think of "beautiful things".  I humbly hope that my paintings will somehow provide that simple pleasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are reading my blog. Please leave me a message.